Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S 5 with 2,560 x 1,400 display and iris scanner at MWC 2014

Samsung_Eye_Iris_Scanning_Mockup
We already have a good idea the Galaxy S 5 will sport a 2K (2,560 x 1,400) display, so if a rumor suggests a Samsung phone with this display, I think it’s safe to assume it’s a Galaxy S 5. Korean media suggests that this “Galaxy S 5″ will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress this February 2014.
We have also heard that Samsung might be dropping plans for a fingerprint scanner in favor of eye (or iris) scanning technology, and the same media source is agreeing. However, they weren’t clear if it will be on the same phone that gets shown at MWC or another device(s) later in the year. I suspect it will indeed by on the Galaxy S 5 and other flagship devices as well.
The only thing that I am not agreeing with this report is this phone debuting at MWC. Samsung didn’t unveil the Galaxy 3 III nor the Galaxy S 4 at MWC. The reason is they usually want to have a separate event for their main flagship phone. I will be surprised if they go this route, but I guess I won’t be shocked.
source: ZDNet Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment